Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hot



*Image & thermos via Kate Spade

My mother knows me so well.  I have two thermoses that I've been using to bring hot tea to work for the past couple of years.  One was beautifully striped, and I broke the mechanism that keeps the thermos sealed so that the hot contents don't spill out at random.  The other was a plain, utilitarian silver and I dropped it or something to cause the lip to bend slightly which results in tea that starts out hot but cools at the normal speed of tea cooling.  I am not one to complain about cold tea during 5th period, I kept that to myself.  I can make do and even though I drooled over this lovely Kate Spade version, I couldn't justify buying a new thermos. The ones I had worked, even with their slight defects - they carried my tea to work and kept it relatively warm.  I never uttered, out loud, how pretty and awesome this thermos is - but my mom knew.  I was grinning from ear to ear when my husband pulled it out of our Christmas care package.  She knows me so well.  Did you get any pleasant surprises this Christmas?

2 comments:

confictushome said...

And this I swear to god is why I will never understand women.

love-v said...

Because women like to decorate their hot tea containers? If I'm using it every day, why not have it amuse me? Pretty & practical never hurt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...