Thursday, December 22, 2011

Crummy

*Image via Cooks' Illustrated


Last night my husband got some sort of inspiration to bake.  He made creme brûlée in advance for our Christmas dessert and apparently it wasn't challenging enough.  After browsing recipes and asking me cryptic questions about ingredients and supplies in the kitchen he went off to make a "secret" recipe.  The secret turned out to be New York-Style crumb cake muffins.  Yes, I had cake for breakfast this morning and cannot complain.  A secret baking frenzy?  I'll take it.  Friday is my scheduled baking day because the husband will be busy working.  Today is jam day, I should have made jam before muffins, but there are still plenty left.  Do holidays get you in a baking mood?

3 comments:

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

Most definitely! I'd say about 80% of my baking occurs around the holidays... shortbread, mince pies, everything! I'll have to try out a crumb cake style muffin someday.

confictushome said...

Chocolate cake, for breakfast!

Trevor said...

Dad is great, give us the chocolate cake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...