Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birthday cake

*image via Seattle's own Trophy Cupcakes

Today happens to be my fiance's birthday and lucky for him, I have the day off. Lucky for me my fiance is quite the baker and left me his perfected chocolate cake recipe.

One day, when we first started dating, he randomly asked me if he was officially my boyfriend. Having been completely oblivious to these types of dating rituals, even in middle school, I presented a challenge: if he baked me a cake I would consider him my boyfriend. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Half expecting something out of a box, I was blown away when I first set eyes on what is now known as 'boyfriend cake.' White cake layered with fresh whipped cream and sliced strawberries, he had me salivating before I even had a sample. Needless to say, I have much riding on cake making today. Especially because he has decided to bake our very own wedding cake. I can't wait.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...