Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dating

Yesterday I celebrated my last ever dating anniversary. It was pretty exciting and slightly momentous event, even though it was like any other day. The idea that instead of dating anniversaries we'll be celebrating our marriage is a pretty cool transition. We celebrated our first meeting two years ago with some Thai food and our first swing dance lesson. When we began dating I was slightly embarrassed that we met online. Now, I tell the story proudly because I could never have imagined the results. Not to mention the fact that I want other people to know that you're not abnormal or have something wrong with you if you date on the internet. (I felt pretty self-conscious about candidly telling people that I was on match.com) Now, I have people telling me that I should be in one of those commercials. Plus, we're using the passage from Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning from T's profile in our wedding ceremony.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...