Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tree

*Image by Matt Pearson

Today we brought home our Christmas tree. At first I felt bad for not having a tree up, let alone any holiday decorations. When we got to the tree lot and only paid $15 for a $40 tree, I didn't mind so much. Having never purchased a tree that I can remember less is more with me. I used to love trudging out into the snow and sawing down a tree from my own back yard (a ten acre back yard, mind you). This year, thanks to my mom, I have a bunch of beautiful straw ornaments to add to the tree. Now, it's time for lights. When did you put up your tree?

1 comment:

Milda said...

So glad you like the ornaments. They were purchased many years ago and have been hiding amongst all the decorations until I discovered them this year. Found them just in time to include in your Christmas package. Our tree went up effortlessly last Sunday. Can't remember a time that it was all done in ONE day. It looks lovely in the corner of the sun room, where I can see it from the kitchen. The faux pine window treatment in the living room has been replaced with one that has lights as well. Just missing you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...