Friday, July 23, 2010

Idea


My laziness has inspired me to action. Not wanting to take on the task of sewing new pillow covers for the patio sofa came up in conversation yesterday. I was describing the fabric to a friend when I was struck by brilliance. Why not dye the covers to give them a facelift? This could be just the project I need, little effort, dramatic effect. Then I recalled this post featuring the painted rug and the idea took off. I could add color and flair to the cushion covers if I taped off a design and painted in the gaps with dye. I've done something similar and like the effects. Painting with RIT dye is similar to using watercolors. Best of all, what do I have to lose? Nothing - I was planning on replacing these covers anyway so why not experiment?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...