Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tomato


We picked up some fresh tomatoes at the farmer's market yesterday and after dinner last night I have been inspired to make some caprese salad. I'm sure that I can't compare to what we ate on our fancy date, but I can take a few pointers. They paired the tomato & mozzarella with some basil pesto and arugula, which was quite nice. I have pesto from the farmer's market too, so we could very well be in luck. I'm adding mozzarella to my grocery list. What dishes have been inspired by your local fresh veggies?

1 comment:

Milda said...

LOVE Caprese - but my basil also loves sun and heat, the latter of which has not been in abundance. Hence the basil purchased at the farmer's market a month ago no longer exists, and the seedlings are slow in growing. Back to the farmer's market...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...