Thursday, June 23, 2011

Commute

*Image & print by Tracey Capone Photo

My bike is broken, it has been for about two years and is just hanging upsidown in the garage waiting for me to dust it off and repair the damage. I would love to ride it but I have to confess, I'm scared. All I hear about cyclists locally is that they get hit by cars pretty often. I could totally bike to work, if it was safe. I used to see a guy on my morning route biking along and wished that I had the courage to do what he does. My friend is biking to work every day in Seattle, lucky gal has a trail. Would you bike to work if you could?

3 comments:

Milda said...

Definitely, but only on a trail. I do have to say there are more and more of them, just not from here.

Mrs. Fischer: said...

Your other friend is biking to "work" (ok, conference) all week in Albuquerque. Dan has done an amazing job to make me feel secure on my commute: designed a lighter / more responsive bike for me, plotted out low-traffic paths, and took me on practice trips before I flew solo. I'm pretty amazed that I now ENJOY biking - a statement I never thought I'd voluntarily say. Plus, I think Dan loves me just a little bit more than he did before!

love-v said...

I'm totally ok riding my bike in a normal road or on a trail. I am not ok about riding a bike alone on a road in TX, not safe. I wish there were alternate safe, small road routes to my work from my house, but most of the roads have a 45 mph speed limit and you know people still speed! (in their giant trucks nonetheless). I love you more for biking. Maybe I'll try it anyway - I'll be in a neon vest with a giant bike flag! ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...