Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Shopping


































*Image by me, model via j.crew

My goal for the upcoming year is to feel a little more put-together, and a little more stylish.  It's easy to show up to work in a middle school and look like an adult because you're taller than most of the students around you.  Standing out as an adult in a high school is a little more difficult.  I want to make a good impression and although it might have been flattering to be confused for a high schooler a few years ago, now I'll take college undergrad.  This is my shopping list and so far I've scored a few awesome pencil skirts, and anyone who knows me has seen the cardigans galore.  Is there anything I'm missing?

4 comments:

confictushome said...

Fashion nerd. So at Seafair I opened one of those sour raspberry pale ales I meant for you to try. Have you ever had Kombucha? Did you like it? There where some vinegar notes to the beer, so I think it needs some time in the cooler temps (ie in my lightly cooled dorm fridge) to get some of the other agents to rear their heads. In all it was delicious (to me)

Mrs. Fischer: said...

You are inspiring me to step up my school look a bit, too. I've spent all summer wearing pegged skinny jeans, but perhaps a smarter wardrobe will make me feel more motivated. I'm going in incorporate more wedges and kitten heels. Also, I'm counting on NM to be a few years behind in fashion, so once JCrew puts its neon orange skinny belt on clearance, I'll be on the cutting edge here!

love-v said...

oooh @Mrs. Fischer - you should know that J.Crew's teacher discount now applies to sale items too. They changed it for a while but it's back. So awesome when your coveted item is on sale and then the extra discount hits. I got my purple pencil skirt for a mere $30! And now a question: are skinny pants out for the workplace? I have a pair - not jeans that I love.

@Convictus - I want to taste all of these glorious beers!

Mrs. Fischer: said...

Does the discount apply to web orders? We don't have a JCrew in town :( BTW skinny pants are totally a go! I'm not ready to give up the jeans to work, but I will spruce up some skinny jeans with a funky, flouncy Anthro top.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...