Thursday, June 17, 2010

Reader

*Image by .dreissig:zehn.

Reading is one of my favorite pastimes. I can curl up with a good book and while away my hours reading. When I was younger and on my way to summer camp my grandmother would often buy me a book and then hide it so I wouldn't finish it before I actually left. Yesterday I spent part of my day finishing The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I purposely didn't buy this book until after we had moved because I slacked off and didn't pack for a day while reading The Girl Who Played With Fire. The Stieg Larsson trilogy is one I would, now, highly recommend. At first, I was confused as to why everyone thought that The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was so great. Then, I got further into the book and found out why everyone gushed about the plot. When I announced that I had finished the third book my husband sarcastically replied, "good, real life resumes." That pretty much sums up my reading habit. What do you find yourself consumed with?

2 comments:

confictushome said...

video games mostly. Also dreaming of building a CNC router.

love-v said...

That made me laugh because of how true it is - you need to read these books. I think they would be right up your alley.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...