Thursday, March 24, 2011

Teen Lit.

*Novel by Ned Vizzini

Normally people who see the movie are skipping the book. I did it backward this time. Last night I watched the movie It's Kind of a Funny Story with my husband. When the credits were rolling and I read, based on the novel by Ned Vizzini I got online and started looking for the book. Immediately this has become the next book I want to read. From the medical perspective, my husband assured me that the psych ward was portrayed pretty accurately and I think that the voice of the main character was authentic and something students could connect with. Don't get me wrong, I love reading young adult/teen literature and being a teacher is a great excuse. It wasn't a rolling in the aisles funny movie (as some would expect from Zach Galifinakis) but it resonated with me and I enjoyed it. I felt myself just liking the film. Have you seen any good movies lately?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...