Monday, December 7, 2009

Potatoes


These are purple potatoes. When they came home from the store they were a little dirty, and when I washed them I was surprised. They looked like they could adorn a fancy, yet eclectic necklace. The color wasn't only on the skin, like a red potato it radiated inward like tye-dye. I've eaten purple carrots, but this was a first in my potato ventures. I was completely spoiled after this. My job was easy - to bake these purple beauties. I halved them, tossed in a little onion, sprinkled them with sea salt and some olive oil and my work was done. My husband however decided to make stuffed pork chops and concocted his own stuffing from scratch. Then, as you read in the earlier post he offered me a foot rub. There was not a complaint to be heard.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...