Sunday, August 7, 2011

Saturday

*Image & bunting by CelebrateWithFun

Yesterday a friend and co-worker of mine got married. I'm new to weddings in Texas, and apparently this was representative of local weddings and gave me another perspective on my town. The ceremony was at a church with a beautiful view at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. The reception, however, was at 6 pm all the way across town. No, it would not take three hours to get to the reception, but what were we supposed to do? I'll tell you what I did - we drove home, I took off my dress, put on PJs, proceeded to eat leftovers and took a nap. I'm not sure if that is what we were supposed to do, but it worked for me. The best part was, all I had to do to get ready for the reception was to put the dress back on and walk out the door. My earlier primping to get ready survived the nap and I was good to go. Have you ever been to a wedding that was an all-day affair?

1 comment:

Milda said...

Mine! I believe our ceremony was at 2 pm (rehearsal was around noon same day), then we had hors d'oeuvres at 4 with reception beginning at 5 or so. I remember everyone being astounded that the band we hired played for 2-1/2 to 3 hours without a break.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...