Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Gift


A traditional first anniversary gift is paper. Knowing my husband, giving him a paper gift he would appreciate and find meaningful felt like an especially difficult task. I was browsing the interweb and looking for inspiration. I thought back to our first dance song, Keepin' it Real and was using it as inspiration. While browsing on Mason Jennings' website, I discovered that he was playing a show in Austin on May 22nd. The paper gift would be tickets, the real gift was the show. My brother suggested I write Mason a letter requesting our song, explaining our situation so I did that too. The show was amazingly intimate, and the last song played was Keepin' it Real, I couldn't have asked for a better night. We had a great time and I am proud, most of all that I kept this whole thing a secret until we walked up to the will-call line.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...